There’s lots of fun events going on in the neighborhood this weekend and through Monday – hope to see everyone out and about in their Halloween finest!
MMPCIA presents the Third Annual Mount Morris Park Halloween Extravaganza
All events are offered free to the neighborhood residents and friends.
Saturday, October 29
- 1 PM: Children’s Make-Some-Noise Costume Parade will begin in Marcus Garvey Park’s northwest corner near West 124 Street and MMPW, and will follow the lead of the Grand Marshall. The spooky group will make its way in and around Marcus Garvey Park, and return to the little playground, north of Pelham Fritz Center. Be sure to bring your best noise makers, drums, rattles, or whistles!
- 2-4 PM: Dance & Costume Contest! Categories include Children, Babies, Adults–and by popular request–Dogs! There will be lots of fun prizes awarded to the winners. Halloween Fun Stations will be set up in the northwest corner of Marcus Garvey Park. These stations will include Games, Balloon Sculpting, Face Painting–and more!
Halloween Party at the West 123rd Street Community Garden
Sunday, October 30
- 2-5PM: Join us for another great year of Halloween fun! We’ll be having a Spooky Spelling Bee, poetry reading and creepy Costume Catwalk (children must be in costumes to do the catwalk and extra “points” will be awarded for acting out their character!) with prizes awarded to winners of each event.
Monday, October 31
- 5-7 PM: Trick-or-Treating Around the Mount Morris Park Neighborhood! The kids will enjoy climbing up and down the stoops to fill those loot bags. The list of participating homes will be available here by Friday, October 28 and at the Parade. (Is your house Trick-or-Treat friendly? Click here to sign up.)
- Get your house in the spirit! Dress up your house! People aren’t the only ones who can get decked out forHalloween! Your house can be spooky scary, fall festive, Halloween fun–just get creative and have fun.